To have a beautiful, even teeth after braces depends not only on the workmanship of the Dentist but also the active support from the home dental care regimen after the patient’s braces. Therefore, in order to give the most perfect braces, patients need to adhere and follow the correct home dental care regimen that the doctor has advised. Let Flora Dentistry share information about home dental care after braces:
1. Dental care regimen during braces
The care of the teeth during braces is extremely important, it is also a factor affecting the results of braces. Besides the doctor’s workmanship, each patient must be self-conscious in the care of teeth at home:
- Brushing your teeth alone is not enough: Cleaning your teeth by brushing your teeth is not enough, as leftovers and plaque will remain on the braces. Dentists recommend that braces patients use more floss, mouthwash, interstitial brushes and can invest in more water toothpicks to clean the oral cavity in the most thorough way.
- Easy braces: during braces, sometimes because of some negligence or in the process of brushing your teeth too hard, it is normal to open the braces easily. Therefore, patients need to brush their teeth gently, thoroughly, and choose soft food or chop food to make it easy to chew.
2. Oral care regimen after brace removal
After braces, patients should still pay attention to how to take care of their teeth.
- After each meal you should use flossing to clean any leftovers that stick to the teeth. Brush your teeth at least 2 times with a soft bristle brush, after which you should rinse your mouth with mouthwash or diluted salt water to disinfect.
- Wear the jaw to maintain regularly after the braces so that the back jaw is stable, avoiding the case of eager to remove the maintenance jaw so that the teeth run back to the old position and push back at any time.
- Regular dental check-ups to check the condition of the teeth after the implementation of braces are extremely necessary to monitor and promptly handle problems that arise.
3. Diet after braces
- To avoid falling braces during treatment, you should not eat too hard or chewy food.
- Limit foods that are high in sugar, drink colored water and gas.
- Foods that contain a lot of starch if brushed without carefully will be very easy to cling to braces and easy to cause tooth decay.
Dental care is not only necessary for everyone, but for patients who are just finished, it is necessary to pay more attention and be careful. If the patient needs further advice about braces, they can call via hotline: 028 7305 8999, Fanpage, or Flora Dental website message for further advice